Monday 29 January 2018

In My Closet




My first stop this early Monday morning was my laptop and the Cityline Weight Loss page! A little connecting and a little surfing for inspiration - a two way street!

I get to weigh in this morning. The scale is in my closet. I am not - yet.

I am excited and intimidated as I dig deep to control the "weight" (pun intended) I place on the numbers and how that can send my spirit careening into the sky or plummeting into the depths - either of which can also send me off the challenge! I decided yesterday I was going to practice a first-and-foremost focus on the other positive changes I have made that are moving me toward a healthier "me." By recording them here, they seem to become more real and will, perhaps, mitigate any wonky reaction to the weight number. So, here goes:

1. My night eating is under control.
2. Better sleep - I actually got 8 hours last night - an unknown phenomenon in my life for the past year.
3. Increased alertness and the ability to fulfill my commitments in my part time job tasks.
4. Improved energy - It is not 100% back but oh so much better. I didn't even need a nap yesterday!

So, I am celebrating in the wee hours of my morning on the west side of our amazing country!  Doing a happy dance of joy for making it through one week of healthy eating - the non-exercise kind but working on that!

Next week - more of the same with one addition. I want to incorporate some kind of exercise or movement. Pondering the options. Wanting to ease my way into this to avoid the extreme pain of overkill from previous attempts! With our temperatures hovering at or above zero maybe a few short walks to get me outside to wake up my muscles might be good for my heart and soul. Strength training on YouTube? Hmmm. My mission is to make a decision this week and move forward on this. I vaguely remember how much better I do when I just move!!

So, off to the closet and my scale. I can't wait another minute! 

Down 4.4 lb.  

I'll take it! 
Deep calming breath......
smile......and 
.....drink a glass of water! 

A toast to Week #2!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great article with us.I can learn lot of things in your posting article
    Phen375

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Juliana. We all walk a crazy life journey. It's easier when I meet fellow travelers along the way!

      Delete
  2. If you are Health Genic and you are interested in and also you love Keto Fast Food and Whether you are going out with your friends on road trips & Shopping and you are Health-conscious about the diet that situation here is the best place to get keto fast food.
    https://nutrabursts.com/keto-fast-food/

    ReplyDelete