Monday 9 July 2012

Stampeded!

My weekend was spent stampeding - Yahoo!  For those of you who have not been introduced to this phenomenon it is a day or two or more, if you are young and crazy when you dress like a cowboy, pose with a cow or a dance hall girl, eat pancakes and mini-donuts, and walk the midway full of bright colours, loud music and other happy "stampede-ers".  Had a weekend of fun which started out fairly healthy but went downhill fast after Friday!  My decision to enjoy to the fullest was based on what I have learned over the last number of months.  Eating healthy choices and taking care of my body is a round-the-clock pursuit but there are occasions when it is just more important to experience the moment.  Now, if those moments translate into hours and days I know there are consequences.  But this journey is about life and all of its passions and a jog off the path into the craziness of the Calgary Stampede will not equal failure.  It is not about the goal, it is about the experience along the way.
Free Pancake Breakfasts

Now, however, my body is paying for the indulgences of yesterday - two bags of mini donuts anyone? - and I am so excited that I was able to participate so fully, walk the midway without pain (unless heat exhaustion counts!), laugh like crazy, play a little, smile a lot, and, all in all, chalk it up to a fun-tastic time! My inner child came out to play - that is a good thing.


Ice Cream & Maple Sugar

I have not forgotten my focus this week - weight watchers here I come.  LOL!


For interesting reading, please check out this recent post about the importance of a 12-hour fast each day - you will be more likely able to lose weight and keep it off by following this principle!  I am in!!


Link about when to eat.  Huffington Post: Eat-late-weight-loss?

Also, just so you know, I could have eaten better on the midway yesterday .... here is another recent post about Heart Attack Alley!

Huffington Post.ca/2012/07/09/calgary-stampede-food

So, I leave you with one more big YAHOO! and some fun pictures.  Stampede 2012 has come to a close for me.  For the rest of the world - you missed a great party!


A beautiful end to a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment